million sq klm!
every 5 yrs
We Know How to Make Learning Fun For Kids
Educating children on environmental awareness
- Demonstrating the damage that is currently happening to our planet.
- Reducing our Carbon footprint.
- Addressing environmental challenges.
- Everyday recycling and caring for our local environment.
- Ensuring our planet is healthier for future generationsEnviroKids Workshops covers environmental issues as outlined in the schools curriculum and the green schools award. The Global Citizenship and Energy criteria are both covered in the Workshop.
- The workshop is a fun interactive presentation that is an hour long, consisting of slide show, video and hands-on ‘group’ challenges.
- The main objective of the workshop is the kids have fun while learning how to care for our environment. In the workshop we talk about certain aspects such as our carbon footprint, the garbage islands and the kids are given a fun team quiz on what they have seen up to that point.
- We also have hand outs and if the school would like a small class project can be given with a certificate to all class members on completion.
- The children are engaged throughout the Workshop and will leave with new knowledge they can share with their families – helping them live a greener life.
Photo by Nicole Honeywill on Unsplash
- Helping children to gain a greater understanding of the importance of our environment and how to maintain it.
- A new awareness to the damage that is being done to our local waterways and our oceans, through pollution and plastics.
- The negative effects and impact of single use plastics and failure to correctly recycle where possible.
- Sustainable energies for better futures i.e. wind farms, solar power.
- How we can improve our local environment , tidy towns, council etc.
- Working together to ensure a cleaner future for generations to come in our own homes and local communities.
Aidan, from Envirokids, came in to give a talk to our Fifth and Sixth Class. His presentation was excellent, truly gripping and he had a great way with the children, holding their attention for the entire duration of the talk. The presentation itself was so interesting – the images and facts that Aidan showed were mind-blowing and the children were genuinely intrigued and moved by what they saw. I would highly recommend a talk by Envirokids for any group of children or teenagers.Aoife Cusack
The Great Pacific Garbage Patch is about 1.6 million square kilometers in size…
According to a three-year study published in Scientific Reports in 2018, the mass known as the Great Pacific Garbage Patch is about 1.6 million square kilometers in size — up to 16 times bigger than previous estimates. That makes it more than double the size of Texas or 3 times the size of France!
50% every 5 years!
The Ocean Cleanup develops advanced technologies to rid the world’s oceans of plastic. A full-scale deployment of our systems is estimated to clean up 50 % of the Great Pacific Garbage Patch every 5 years.
Biodiversity means the whole variety of life on earth – from your local community garden,to the rain forests and deserts, from the birds to the bees. The word is a phrase “biological diversity”, the term given to the variety of life on this planet.
- Refuse – Avoid single use plastics and paper products by saying no thank you, opting for reusable.
- Reduce – Downsize what you purchase, opting to be more mindful of what you really need.
- Reuse – Always find a way to keep an item out of the landfill by keeping it in great condition, repairing or up cycling it when it breaks.
- Rot – Set up a compost system for your food scraps, or find a food scrap drop off center (like a farmers market, or community garden) near your house.
- Recycle – Properly recycle any plastic, paper, glass or metal that comes into your life you cannot refuse, reduce, or reuse by researching your state’s recycling laws.
Think of all the single-use items we use everyday… you’ll be surprised by how long they can take to decompose!
Request More Information
A 60 SECOND INTERVIEW…
ENVIROKIDS WORKSHOPS FOUNDER
– Aidan Stanley
million sq klm!